Friday, May 29, 2009

goodbyes and a good movie

So this morning I went to the Academy parking lot in LBK to send off about 12 friends who were heading to the Sangre de Cristo mountains of New Mexico to start their summer together as the 2009 permanent staff at Camp Blue Haven. I'm not gonna lie.... it was tough to do. I'll miss doing the best job I'll probably ever have, but I am pumped for the group that will make it happen this summer. So needless to say.... I needed a good way to end my day, and figured a Disney movie might do the trick.

And, as I'd hoped, Disney didn't disappoint! I won't spoil anything though, because you really just have to go see it. 

Ed Asner (who played the voice of the main character, "Carl Fredricksen") had this to say about the film:

"It's a very gratifying film for me to put under my belt because of the philosophy inherent in it: 
Do no harm. 
Do good when you can. 
Live life. 
Don't live in the past. 
Find the future, and 
react to the love that's given you."

Now come on..... with a philosophy like that, you know you're going to walk away feeling good and maybe even a little inspired! Such a great story, and definitely a new favorite of mine. Go see it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you can't be at BH. Gotta be hard to let go of that.
    I need to see Up!

    ReplyDelete