Thursday, January 22, 2009

Introductions

Hello friends! My 2nd post! How exciting! 

I wanted to introduce you all to the group of people who will be joining me on this trip to Zambia..... they're pretty awesome.

Micah
Micah is 24 years old and a first-year elementary school teacher in Grand Prairie. She teaches a 3rd grade bilingual class and loves working with her little ones. Micah earned her degree from Texas A&M where she was a part of several mission trips including a semester long trip to Paraguay last year. I met Micah probably my sophomore year of high school when she camped 2nd session at Blue Haven with me. Micah is one of those people who can make just about anything fun! She and I were always the night owls on the girls side of camp.. cleaning our cabins the night before a new session at like 2:00 in the morning was not uncommon for us. Are you surprised, Mom?

Nathan
Nathan is 22 years old and is starting his last semester at Oklahoma Christian University where he will earn his degree in Political Science. Nathan is engaged to be married this May and will be starting law school (somewhere!) in the fall. Nathan is the only member of our group who has been to Africa before! He went to Tanzania last spring break with a group led by Greg and Kris Neill. I met Nathan in 2007 when we were both first year counselors at Blue Haven. Nathan is known for his sarcasm and for making ridiculous faces at the camera (see above). 

Britni
Britni is 22 years old and is working on getting her Elementary Education degree from Lubbock Christian University. I get to see Britni pretty regularly since we're both in the LBK, which is great! We have been immunization buddies in preparation for this trip. :O) Britni has been a part of many mission trips with her most recent one to Puerto Rico last spring break. I met Britni in 2005 when I worked at Blue Haven as a cook and she stayed to wash pots(the most glamorous job of the kitchen). She is such a blessing in my life!

Leland
Leland is 20 years old and a sophomore at Texas A&M University where he is earning a degree in business. He is from Houston, Texas where his father is one of the ministers at the Impact Church there. Leland has a passion for people and ministry unlike anyone else I know. We camped together the same session for several years, but I didn't really get to know him until this past summer when we were counselors together. Leland is the guy everyone knows and loves and I am so pumped he'll be going to Africa with us!!

2008 CBH Counselors
Can you find everyone?
 
Please pray for our group as we continue to raise funds and prepare ourselves for this opportunity to share the Love of Christ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment